Popular Posts

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Sachin Tendulkar, Coke's new Happiness Ambassador

Coca-cola, a world-leading beverage firm, has announced Sachin Tendulkar as their new “Happiness Ambassador”. He was an ambassador for PepsiCo, an arch rival of Coke for which he has now signed three-year endorsement deal. As a brand ambassador he will be involved in strategic communication initiatives of Coke, including corporate, CSR and brand campaigns.

When made this announcement Wasim Basir, Director, Integrated Marketing Communication, Coca-Cola India, said"We are extremely pleased to have Sachin on board as the Company's 'Happiness Ambassador'. He will help us spread happiness through our actions and various initiatives," 

About this new venture, Sachin said "I am pleased to become a part of the Coca-Cola family... I look forward to a long and significant innings with the Company,"

A Man who will live Forever...

Posted by Yuva | 10:48 PM | 9 comments »
I was watching testerday's play live on TV..
Over the years, we have seen some great scenes in Indian cricket. Natwest final chase, WT20 victory, Perth victory, CB series win, Sachin going past Lara, Sachin's 200, India's No 1 Ranking in test, etc...

But what i saw yesterday, is something unique and which i have never seen before.
For me, the loveliest scene in indian cricket.

After the winning runs were scored, Sachin was pumped up and roaring towards the dressing room..
Next Frame.. Rahul and Ricky involving in a long conversation of greetings..
Next Frame.. Its the dressing room overjoyed. I could see only faces of young guns..
Next Frame.. Sachin and Ricky involving in an unbelievably lengthy conversation.. Ricky's arms were around Sachin's shoulder and he almost hugged him(as if Sachin was an Australian who won the game for them or Ricky is an indian).
Next Frame.. Anil Kumble was shown standing and clapping for the victory..

I just closed my eyes for a moment and my memory went back and forth 15 years..
I just wondered "what these 5 men(along with VVS and Sourav) have done to Indian cricket!!!
What we were 15 years back and what we are now!!! "
I controlled myself and become normal.

Next Frame.. Sachin was shown walking back to the pavillion alone with only his bat to his company..
I just gave a long look at him.. I could not control anymore and broke to tears.

This soul has been playing and winning for India for 21 long tears and yet not stopped.. He cannot stop infact. I just said to myself..

"Whether Sachin hits a triple ton or not..
Whether His records remain immortal or gets broken..
Whether he wins a world cup ir not..

This man will live in the hearts of all Indians and all cricket lovers around the globe forever and ever, just for his unflinching integrity to the nation and divine passion for the game"

Sachin.. We Love You ....
Yuvarajan
[Written on 14th Oct 2010, the day after India won the B'lore test against the Aussies]
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this site. Here  i present you one of my best pencil sketch i ever done. It is of our Legend Sachin Tendulkar.

No comments:

Post a Comment